WHAT IS IT:
A simply delicious Victoria sponge cake. In fact, it’s so easy to make that even a student like me and you can turn out something delicious like:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 175 g of self-raising flour
- 175 g of caster sugar
- 175 g of butter
- 3 small eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Nice strawberry Jam
- Fresh Strawberries
If you don’t like measuring stuff out, then remember, it’s just equal parts sugar, flour and butter. I used a large mug to measure out both the sugar and flour.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line two 20 cm (8in) tins or any other appropriate sized tin.
- Measure out your butter and lay aside in a bowl. Leave aside.
- Crack eggs and whisk with fork in separate bowl.
- Measure out sugar.
- If butter is at room temperate, begin creaming by stirring with a wooden spoon. Add in caster sugar slowly. Beat til white and fluffy.
- Measure out flour.
- Fold in eggs slowly, adding in the flour slowly meanwhile.
- Mix well.
BAKING AND PRESENTATION:
- Leave in the oven for 18-20 Minutes.
- After it is fully cooked, leave to cool on a wire rack or on the side.
- Wash and thinly cut strawberries.
- Spread jam on top of the first cake.
- Arrange strawberries nicely on top of the jam.
- Place second cake on top.
- Coat with a thin layer of sugar and put remaining strawberries on top.
- Eat with friends!